Sunday, June 1, 2014

Lots of Change and No Strep - June 1, 2014

Went to bed last night with a terrible sore throat and woke up with an even worse one.  Yuck.  I got myself to the clinic to make sure that I did not have strep throat.  I didn't, which was good news.  Guess it was just a cold coming on.  I hate sickness.  But the clinic was near Kohl's and I knew there would be many things to try on.  I couldn't help myself.


So this was a challenging changing room to take pictures in. Just one set of mirrors in the corner, one big angled one, and two on the wall.  Anyway,  I walked in wearing this fetching outfit.  Thrift store all the way baby.



It was hard to get a good picture of this black dress.  It was one of those bi level dresses with a shorter solid skirt under a long sheer skirt.  I thought of this as mostly a young look and I think I will stick with that.  This was a nice dress and comfortable.  I like me a tank so the top was good.  Overall, I would wear this.  I included a hanger photo of the dress for a different perspective.  This dress was marked $60 but it Kohls where everything is marked down and this dress was 40% off.



The picture of this one looks worse than I was thinking this looked when I was in the changing room.  I like it there but not so much here.  It is also a long dress and I not so much a fan the the ankle length anything.  I had to try on a chevron since the trend is everywhere.  It now my thing so this dress would be a pass.  It was marked with the same price as the one above.



So lace is trending so I just needed to try something made with lace.  I can say I am not a fan.  This dress was a size to large, but I also think that Kohls is very generous with their sizing.  There was just too many things not right about this.  The worse was a tiny ribbon belt to tie in the front.  No Thanks!!!  Another $60 dress marked down 40%



This is swinging into unknown territory for me on this dress.  This is a dress that required a full body shaper to do it justice.  I was fun and I really liked the print a whole bunch.  It is stretch all over and in intended to be form fitting, but I just couldn't go there.  Lots to like about it though, but would you see me wearing it out. Not gonna happen.  Just a silly one to try.  This dress was $70 marked down 30%.



This dress would be my version of everyday.  Boring, simple, comfortable, and easy.  This would be a go to item that could be paired with lots of thing.  It is a pretty cheap dress also, under $25 with the mark down. The truth about this dress is that it a slightly dolled up T-Shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment